13 Sewing Patterns We are Loving for Fall
Despite some lingering balmy mid-day temps, summer is officially over; which means it's time to dig into some serious sewing! We've rounded up some of our favourite patterns that are perfect for layering, cooler temps, and getting cozy. Let us know in the comments what your favourite patterns for Fall are!
1. Megan Nielsen Jarrah Sweater - Difficulty: Beginner
With the temperatures beginning to dip, a good cozy sweatshirt is a fall must-have. We love the versatility of the Jarrah sweater with its multiple neck, sleeve, and hem variations to choose from. A perfect pattern for our French terry fabrics.
2. Colette Aster - Difficulty: Intermediate
Another Fall staple is the classic button-up shirt. We love the feminine silhouette of the Aster top and the choice of long, flutter or short cuffed sleeves. We think it would look particularly lovely in any number of fabrics from our Atelier Brunette Collection.
3. Republique Du Chiffon Blandine Skirt - Difficulty: Advanced Beginner
A knee length skirt is the perfect summer to fall transition piece that can easily be worn with bare legs and sandals as well as tights and boots. We prefer sewing it up in denim, but twill, corduroy, and velvet would work just as well.
4. True Bias Hudson Pants - Difficulty: Advanced Beginner
There's no question that fall is the season for getting cozy and lounging around the house. In our opinion, the best pants for doing just that are the True Bias Hudson pants.
5. Megan Nielsen Dawn Jeans - Difficulty: Intermediate
If you've ever wondered about sewing your own jeans, now is the perfect season to give it a try! The Dawn Jeans - a classic high waisted rigid jean - offer a variety of leg styles to choose from (tapered, straight, wide leg, and shorts) making them a great value pattern.
6. French Navy Calyer Pants - Difficulty: Advanced Beginner
For those who aren't quite ready to dive into making their own jeans, the Calyer is a great introduction to sewing pants. They feature a flat/pleated front with an elasticized waistband at the back and are very beginner friendly. They can be sewn up in either light to medium weight woven fabrics or medium weight knits.
7. Named Clothing Helmi Tunic - Difficulty: Intermediate
8. Marilla Walker Isca Shirt Dress - Difficulty: Intermediate
Another great dress for Fall is the shirt dress and we are huge fans of the Isca Shirt Dress from Marilla Walker. We think it would look great in our nani IRO linen!
9. Ready To Sew Jean Paul Coverall - Difficulty: Advanced Intermediate
Jumpsuit, coverall, boiler suit, whatever you call it, workwear is hot this season. There are lots of pretty jumpsuit patterns out there, but we love the traditional, masculine nature of the Jean Paul Coverall.
10. Closet Case Jasika Blazer - Difficulty: Advanced
Fall is officially blazer season in our books. An advanced pattern, The Jasika Blazer is the perfect jacket for day or night depending on what fabric you use.
11. Ready to Sew Julian Chore Jacket - Difficulty: Intermediate
Everyone needs a casual lightweight jacket in their wardrobe and the utilitarian chic Julian Chore Jacket from Ready to Sew fits the bill perfectly.
12. Tessuti Berlin Jacket - Difficulty: Beginner
Once the weather starts to get too cold for just a lightweight jacket, this Tessuti Berlin Jacket is a chic option to keep the chill at bay. Sewing a coat may seem intimidating to novice sewers, but this pattern is actually rated for beginners!
13. Assembly Line Parka - Difficulty: Advanced Intermediate
Last, but not least, when the weather starts creeping into winter territory this Assembly Line Parka will keep you toasty warm with its high neck and long length.